1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Migrating recorded shows from one DVR to another?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by dcarter4, Apr 26, 2010.

1. dcarter4

dcarter4 Cool Member

Jul 26, 2006
    Hey All,

My HR21-700 finally died (over heating). I just replaced it with an HR23. Naturally, the wife has saved shows on the old DVR that she MUST have.

Any easy way of getting them on the new DVR? Or do I have to burn them to DVD?

Also....I understand that I have a limited amount of time to do this, as the receiver needs to see the Sat?

TIA

Dwayne

2. RobertE

RobertE New Member

Jun 9, 2006
    Watch them or burn to DVD. Recordings are tied to the receiver.

3. Lord Vader

Lord Vader Supreme Member DBSTalk Club

Sep 20, 2004
    Galactic Empire
    Now how would one burn them to a DVD from an HR2X series?

4. mcbeevee

mcbeevee 97% Complete

Sep 18, 2006
    It is kind of difficult to save shows from a dead HR2x!

:)

5. alv

alv Godfather

Aug 13, 2002
    Put the video out into the DVD recorder. Not quick but it works.

6. dcarter4

dcarter4 Cool Member

Jul 26, 2006
    Thanks guys...afraid of that answer.....

D

7. Grentz

Grentz New Member

Jan 10, 2007
  8. Thaedron

Thaedron Hall Of Fame

Jun 29, 2007
    The ability to move or copy a program from one DVR to another would be a VERY welcome addition.

9. CCarncross

CCarncross Hall Of Fame

Jul 19, 2005
    Jackson
    Just being able to move the EHD from one DVR to another on the same acct. would be a move in the right direction.

10. Thaedron

Thaedron Hall Of Fame

Jun 29, 2007
    I agree, and if that were possible, I'd actually start using an external HD. Though the percentage of the DirecTV population that is using external HDs is probably only fraction of 1%. Not exactly something that I'd expect them to sink many $$s into.

Now with the impending removal of MRV beta status, there will be many more customers with MRV and multiple DVRs that could benefit from the move a program functionality.

11. MartyS

MartyS New Member

Dec 29, 2006
    Hmm... MRV for me means not having to "move" a program. It's accessible from all my units.

That said, I would like the ability to move from one unit to another when a receiver needs to be replaced, or is being taken out of service for whatever reason.