1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Military Channel to become American Heroes Channel March 3

Discussion in 'TV Show Talk' started by phrelin, Feb 20, 2014.

1. phrelin

phrelin Hall Of Fame

Jan 18, 2007
    Northern...
    Somehow I missed this January 9 news release and couldn't figure out what channel AHC was in armophob's TV Reminders list:

2. SayWhat?

SayWhat? Know Nothing

Jun 6, 2009
    Heroes?

Really?

Destroying things? Killing innocents? Wasting billions in US funds that might actually be able to do some good somewhere?

3. mrro82

mrro82 Legend

Sep 11, 2012
    Astoria, OR
    That is a terrible generalization of all military members throughout our history. Not all are angels and yes some cross the line. We sign our lives away for this country. Blame politicians not the service members. We can't choose to not do what our commander in chief tells us to. How about you just say thank you and keep your hate to yourself.

Sent from the jaws of my Hammerhead!

1 person likes this.
  4. phrelin

phrelin Hall Of Fame

Jan 18, 2007
    Northern...
    Did you read the news release (emphasis added)????

Given the orientation you express, I would think you would be happy to see a broadening of the channel's scope to subjects like "the scientists who worked tirelessly during the Space Race." But what do I know.... :nono2:

5. Rduce

Rduce Legend

May 15, 2008
    Unhappy news Comrade?

1 person likes this.
  6. APB101

APB101 Icon

Sep 1, 2010
    Michigan
    I prefer Military Channel.

:nono2:

American Heroes Channel sounds like a brand name that won't last five years.

7. MysteryMan

MysteryMan DIRECTV A-Team

May 17, 2010
    USA
    If it wasn't for those of us who served in the military you wouldn't be enjoying the freedom of speech you so lightly take for granted. :nono2:

3 people like this.
  8. AntAltMike

AntAltMike Hall Of Fame

Nov 20, 2004
    College...
    I prefered The Department of War.

9. Mustang Dave

Mustang Dave Legend

Oct 13, 2006
    Am I looking at the right channel?? Shows about Pompeii, Atlantis, Myth Hunters and conspiracies? What is up with this format?