1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mini Max coax

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by Satchaser, Jul 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Satchaser

Satchaser AllStar

Sep 23, 2006
    anyone used or know about Mini Max coax and can it be used for the HR20. It comes in 1,3,or5 conductor bundle and is about the size of RG-60. Following quotes are from New Tech Industries Web site (can't post).

"Our new Mini Coax is made by West Penn Wire. West Penn sells millions of feet of this cable every year to Las Vegas hotels for all their CCTV applications. This is the very best Mini Coax on the market. Model: 825

The new High Definition Mini Coax is made by West Penn Wire. This new design gives the cable extended range allowing use for Serial Digital Interface (SDI), Component Pro Video and Digital Video. Model: HD825"

Thanks
    Sat Chaser

2. LR308er

LR308er Duplicate User (Account Closed)

Jun 27, 2007
  3. Meklos

Meklos Legend in his own mind...

Nov 7, 2006
    I'd be worried about longer runs until I saw a loss per foot frequency chart.

4. davring

davring Hall Of Fame

Jan 13, 2007
    .146 compared to .285, half the diameter, will it handle the higher frequencies?

5. cruise350

cruise350 Legend

Dec 24, 2006
    It says you use a mini bnc connector with it and not an F connector. I would say it won't work for D*.

6. bobnielsen

bobnielsen Éminence grise

Jun 29, 2006
    Bainbridge...
    Actually a smaller diameter will work higher in frequency (the higher order mode cutoff frequency is higher), but loss will go up as well, so it probably wouldn't be practical, except for short lengths. The smaller center conductor would have higher resistance, which could be a problem for powering LNBs and multiswitches.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.