1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mirroring my picure- is it possible?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Installation/MDU Discussion' started by davidyal, Nov 13, 2008.

1. davidyal

davidyal Cool Member

Jan 7, 2007
    I'm new to this forumn and looking for advice on how to make the following scenario work:

I have a DirecTV H20 HD receiver attacted to my Samsung DLP tv. The coax from the LNB5 dish goes int the H20, and then attaches to my tv via HDMI.

I am having a party in a few days, and would like to setup a tv in my bathroom so people can watch the hockey game:) Needless to say, I do not have a second receiver in the bathroom, and I'd like to mirror the picture from my HD20 alrady feeding the samsung tv.

I was hoping to just run a cable from a coax output all the way to my new tv, but relaizd that the HD20 does not have a coax output. Any idas how to do this? the only long cable I have is coax. Does an RCA->coax adapter exist?

Thanks

2. Mertzen

Mertzen Hall Of Fame

Dec 8, 2006
    They're called a RF converter. At RS/B for about $20.

3. HDTV1080p

HDTV1080p AllStar

Feb 14, 2007
    Or RF modulator. Ebay is good spot for cheap ones.

4. BattleZone

BattleZone Hall Of Fame

Nov 13, 2007
    Yes. What you need is called an "RF Modulator". It's a little box that accepts composite or S-Video and analog RCA auto inputs and outputs on coax, on channel 3 or 4. They are usually marketed as "DVD adapters" for adding DVD or other line-output devices to older TVs that only have a coax input. Should be around $20 at Best Buy or Circuit City, or similar electronics store. Don't overpay for the Monster brand; it isn't any better.

5. samrs

samrs MANC

May 30, 2004
    Flat Branch, NC
    The things you have to do so hockey fans wont piss in the potted plants....:nono2:

That VCR in the back of the closet might work too.

6. ajrich

ajrich Cool Member

Dec 14, 2007
    If the 2nd television you are wanting to feed the signal to has a regular video input you can use the coax you were planning on using and use f to rca adaptors on both ends of the cable. That is if all the inputs are live on the hd box at all times.

7. joe diamond

joe diamond Hall Of Fame

Feb 28, 2007
    I have also seen this done with an output FROM the TV.

My record is six splits from a CATV installation and, yes, one set went in the head..........so when the guys were over they wouldn't miss anything when nature called.

The customer also had a copy of We Should Hire a Wino to Decorate Our Home. He said the ex got the other house and other car but not the Tvs or good music collection.

Joe