1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Missing OTA programs...

Discussion in 'ViP612/622/722/722K DVR Support Forum' started by grooves12, May 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. grooves12

grooves12 Godfather

Oct 27, 2005
    I have a 622 with L403... not sure when it was updated, but about two weeks ago, my OTA recordings are not showing up in the recorded shows list. I only record two shows OTA from my CW network, and when I checked the recording history they show as completed in the list, but are not anywhere to be found on the system.... and NO, they weren't deleted.

This happened last week too, and I thought it might be some kind of anomoly becuase it never happened before, but the same thing happened this week. Could this be related to the 403 update?

2. Ron Barry

Ron Barry 622 Tips & Trick Keeper DBSTalk Club

Dec 10, 2002
    Look at your history.. do you show them recorded? See any indication of deleted.

Do you use locks? Are you showing any locked events. If so, check those to see if they are your programs. Long shot....

Other than that.. need more info and suggest looking in your history to see if they recorded.... Also, try a hard reboot and see if they return.

Are you missing any other programs from other channels?

3. oljim

oljim Godfather

Aug 6, 2002
    This is a problem with some ota local stations, I found if you sched them as a weekly event they will record.
    If you put them as all,or new they donot record

4. cummingsje

cummingsje AllStar

Mar 23, 2007
    Another potential issue I have noticed when recording OTA is if you happen to do a re-scan of OTA make sure you check any OTA timers you may have (especially if one is scheduled to fire soon after). The way around this is to immediately do a "check switch" to initiate a guide download. If you don't eventually your timers will be in order but I have seen it take up to a couple of hours.

5. Jason Whiddon

Jason Whiddon Hall Of Fame

Aug 17, 2006
    I have the same issue as oljim(we are in the same area) with missing timers. Setting them up as "weekly" instead of "all" or "new" seems to have fixed the issue for me.

6. grooves12

grooves12 Godfather

Oct 27, 2005
    Well, in the history it shows as "Done" with the correct Start/Stop times.... but there is no AV recorded/stopped times like all my other timers.

No locks are used.

Everything else is showing up fine... but I only record two programs OTA from the same channel. So I only notice them when these shows aren't recorded.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.