1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Missing ports?

Discussion in 'Technical Talk (Closed Forum)' started by goodfortune, May 2, 2004.

1. goodfortune

goodfortune New Member

Mar 6, 2004
    :( I've got a Dish system (Dish 500, 2 dishes, 1 522, and 1 301(?)) that crashed yesterday (1 hour before the Derby!). Ran a switch test and it says that under Sat Input 1 I'm missing port 1a odd, port 1b even, and port 2b Sat 110 even, and under Sat input 2 I'm missing port 1b sat 119 even. ran a signal strength before the switch test and got a strength of 100 on 119 on odd transponders 13-19, but nbothing on the even transponders, and nothing on 110.

What's the problem? and are there places to look for tech info on these things?

2. scooper

scooper Hall Of Fame

Apr 22, 2002
    Youngsville NC
    What switch do you have ?

What it sounds like is that you have a SW64, and it also sounds like that SW64 has died.

3. MattS

MattS Godfather

Apr 5, 2004
    Man you just confused the shit outta me with all of that. If your missing even transponders, it sounds like a cable issue.

4. boba

boba Hall Of Fame

May 23, 2003
    Is the switch test results the same on both receivers or is that just on the 522? What switch and what LNBF does the test show is connected to your system. With a 522 as one of your receivers you have to be under Digital Home Plan or Digital Home Advantage lease program from DISH. With either your equipment is under warranty, if you have DHP just call dish and service call is FREE. If you have DHA the service call may cost you $99 but seeing you are under no commitment with DHA tell them you want FREE service or they can pick up the equipment and you will switch to a different provider.

5. goodfortune

goodfortune New Member

Mar 6, 2004
    Sorry matts, just reading what the screen says. You think you're confused? I do have the SW64, although the test results say SW42. Sounds like I'm giving Dish a call. Thanks all for the quick responses!

6. Slordak

Slordak Hall Of Fame

Dec 17, 2003
    The "Check Switch" screen generally shows what you are getting, not what you're missing. That is to say that it shows "X"s for the inputs which are not in use or are not responding.

When you are using legacy equipment, each input carries half the transponders, so it will show "even" and "odd" separately (on DishPro, it will show "both"). Hence, I'm not sure I agree with your reading of the screen. Do you want to clarify on what dishes you have, what switches you have, whether you are using legacy or DishPro equipment, and what exactly the screen says?