1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

missing switch?

Discussion in 'ViP612/622/722/722K DVR Support Forum' started by yence99, Apr 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yence99

yence99 Mentor

Jan 30, 2005
    Have a strange question...I moved and had my new Dish 1000 and 622 installed yesterday (apartment)...everything is working fine, but today I was wondering why I don't have switch (between the dish and the receivers)...it appears as if the dish is connected directly to my 2 receivers. I don't want to complain about anything that is working fine, but don't you need a switch???

Thanks.

2. The intimidator

The intimidator AllStar

Apr 14, 2006
    The Dish 1000 has an internal switch built in to the lnbf that will accomidate three orbital positions. Most likely in your case 119,110, and 129. Actually a very good question!!

3. boylehome

boylehome Hall Of Fame/Supporter

Jul 16, 2004
    The Dish 1000 has a DPPTwin LNB for 110/119. The DPPTwin has an internal switch. There is a DPDual LNB for 129. A cable connects between DPDual and the input on the DPPTwin. Two cables output from the DPPTwin. With a separator one cable is used for the 622 and the other cable may be used for two separate single tuner receivers or, with another separator, 2 tuner receiver .

An external switch like a DP34 or a DPP44 may be used with the Dish 1000 but the cable from the 129 must be connected to the external switch as the DPPTwin switch is disabled.

4. BobaBird

BobaBird EKB Editor

Mar 30, 2002
    This part isn't possible. The other cable may be used for only ONE other receiver but it can be a single tuner or, by using a DPP Separator, another dual tuner. There is no getting around having 1 cable from the switch to each receiver.

5. boylehome

boylehome Hall Of Fame/Supporter

Jul 16, 2004
    Oops, your right and I stand corrected. One receiver per cable unless dual tuner.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.