1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

mistake during automated satisfaction call

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by Cyberclaw77, Aug 1, 2010.

1. Cyberclaw77

Cyberclaw77 Cool Member

Aug 1, 2010
    This afternoon a technician came by to realign my dish. He did an excellent job and was very professional.

A few hours later I received an automated call from DirecTV, wanting to know if I was satisfied with the service. The problem came with the final question:

"On a scale of 1 to 10, how would you rate the level of service and professionalism of the technician? Enter your answer and hit the pound key."

I entered 10, but then accidentally hit the * key instead of #. Realizing my error, I hit #, and received this message:

"We at DirecTV value your satisfaction. Would you like to be transferred to a customer service representative to resolve your issues?" (this isn't a direct quote, of course):confused:

I was a little surprised by this response, and wasn't sure what it meant. So I instinctively declined. Almost immediately I began to wonder... did the system interpret my mistake as being a "1"? If so, I don't want an excellent tech to receive a negative mark.

Hoping to resolve this I called DirecTV and spoke with a CSR. I told him what my concern was. He made a note in the system that the tech did an excellent job and was very professional. He noted that a mistake may have been made during the automated call.

Would you recommend further action? I would hate to see this tech get a negative mark because of my error.

Thanks in advance.

2. spartanstew

spartanstew Dry as a bone

Nov 16, 2005
    Wylie, Texas
    Too late, he's already been terminated.

3. bubbagscotch

bubbagscotch AllStar

Oct 31, 2009
    he got fired

4. prospect60

prospect60 Legend

Aug 26, 2006
    If you have his name and who he works for, call the employer directly or better yet call and write a short note of appreciation -- amazing how useful a handwritten note can be for the ego and at job performance reviews (particularly after a Bad Day at Black Rock)

5. newsposter

newsposter Hall Of Fame

Nov 12, 2003
    i did the same thing , kinda, i think i hit 1 but the zero didnt work and i pressed pound then he probably got a one rating. i think they need to change this to 9 being the top score to be honest...i bet a lot of people do this :)

6. Nick

Nick Retired, part-time PITA DBSTalk Club

Apr 23, 2002
    The...
    "automated satisfaction call"

Yet another oxymoron! :lol:

7. Manctech

Manctech Icon

Jul 5, 2010
    Those automated surveys are crap anyways.

I've never dropped below 90% and I was without a badge for a month waiting on a replacement.

The ID question counts for 2 points so I should have had a steady 80%.