1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Mixed SD and HD access

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by Zamos, Dec 20, 2012.

1. Zamos

Zamos New Member

Dec 20, 2012
    DISH: I have (or shortly will have) a receiver capable of HD. I have multiple physical receivers. Is activating HD on my account global (I'm told there is a "free for life" option), or per receiver?

Will activating HD impact other receivers that I don't want HD on?

2. Ray C@DISH Network

Ray C@DISH Network DISH Representative DISH Representative

Dec 28, 2010
    Adding HD programming to your account provides HD to any HD receiver that has an HD compatible TV connected to the receiver. You can participate in our HD Free For Life promotion that eliminates the normal $10 per month HD charge. It requires a new 24 month commitment and Auto Pay with paperless billing or you can pay a 1 time $99 activation fee. Please let me know if you have further questions. Thanks.

3. tampa8

tampa8 Godfather/Supporter

Mar 30, 2002
    Programming including HD, DVR fee, PPV are all per account not receiver. You can download a PPV movie to any or all receivers for example if you want for the same price. Each receiver not including the first one has it's own receiver fee. (First receiver has no receiver fee)