1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MLB & CBSCS Channel Moves

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by saltrek, Mar 3, 2012.

1. Mar 3, 2012 #1 of 15
    saltrek

saltrek Godfather

Oct 22, 2005
    If this is a duplicate post, feel free to delete, but I did not see anything mentioning this.

CBS College Sports has moved from 152 to 158
    MLB Network has moved from 153 to 152.

I am hoping that these moves are so that the MLB network alternate channel will now be carried on channel 153. This is something we were missing when MLB was added to the line-up back in September.

2. Mar 3, 2012 #2 of 15
    garys

garys Hall Of Fame

Nov 4, 2005
    MLB is listing Back to Back preseason games tomorrow. Maybe nice if had already.

3. Mar 3, 2012 #3 of 15
    James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    MLBN is still airing on 153 with the EPG/channel info noting the move to 152 (effective Fen 29th). It is possible that a change will be made tomorrow that would make 153 an alternate channel, but there isn't any signs of that move that I have seen.

The games tomorrow are listed as "subject to blackout in local areas" (MLB Website). It doesn't appear there is an alternate game available.

4. Mar 3, 2012 #4 of 15
    Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon Roving Reporter Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    Funny... I knew about the CBS change a week or so ago when I was replacing a receiver and updating my favorites list... but I hadn't noticed MLB was moving.

5. BarryG

BarryG Legend

Jun 25, 2006
    I've been having a heck of a time finding a program in the grid listing that is supposed to air by CBS College Sports Network. Is 158 really CBS College Sports Network? Is there both a CBS Sports Network and a CBS College Sports network?

TIA

6. russinpa

russinpa AllStar

Aug 11, 2010

In 2011, CBS College Sports Network was renamed CBS Sports Network.

7. Willh

Willh Legend

Jan 1, 2009
    well i'm sure the MLB alternate channel will be launched soon, as in with in the next two or three weeks as the baseball season will kick off next month.

8. BarryG

BarryG Legend

Jun 25, 2006
    Thanks Russ!

9. tampa8

tampa8 Godfather/Supporter

Mar 30, 2002
    What makes you say that? Dish didn't have it last year. Not saying they won't but you seem so sure. :)

10. brucegrr

brucegrr Icon

Sep 14, 2006
    Ney, Ohio
    Yeah, the blackout rules have already started. I watched both games today. I had to switch to Sports Time Ohio to watch the Cleveland game. Nice to see a good selection of Spring games. Unlike NFL preseason, baseball games in the spring are worth watching. I love the personal interviews they are doing.....Spring training is much more laid-back....

Go Reds!

11. Mojo Jojo

Mojo Jojo Legend

Mar 14, 2012
    I also think it will be for alternate channels. If not, then I am not sure...music channels? :confused:

12. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    MLBNA was uplinked this afternoon ... not currently on 153 (that is now a slate) but ready to renumber and offer.

Uplinked in SD and HD.

13. RasputinAXP

RasputinAXP Kwisatz Haderach of Cordcuttery

Jan 23, 2008
    Nice.

14. Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon Roving Reporter Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    Good news for baseball fans... maybe it will launch in time for the next season, if not in time for pre-season.

15. hoophead

hoophead Godfather

Feb 10, 2008
    MLBN came to DISH later last season so this is the first ST we got to see and we are loving it. Usually pay attention to the players on new teams, ie Pujols, and Fielder, and up and comers like Harper. Also watched Darvish pitch a few innings for Texas recently!