1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MLB EI 2006 -- To Be Available On DISH?

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by YKW06, Mar 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YKW06

YKW06 Legend

Feb 2, 2006
    Very curious, as it has been solicited on Direct and on cable for several weeks now, but nary a peep about it on the DISH site. Has there been any confirmation as to whether or not DISH customers will have access to this package, and when ordering might begin?

2. garys

garys Hall Of Fame

Nov 4, 2005
    It usually pops up the last week or so of pre-season. One channel #625 still shows in guide. Check back, should be able to order when more channels are added.

3. Chaplain TR

Chaplain TR New Member

Sep 4, 2002

If you sign up now you will save som e money. Call Dish. You have to pay it all up front or in three payments. If you wait till season starts you lose the disount.

Chaplain

4. Rogueone

Rogueone Hall Of Fame

Jan 29, 2004
    I've seen some Dish ads for MLBEI recently

5. jwt0001

jwt0001 Godfather

May 21, 2005
    Ashland, KY
    I was a subscriber last year and already was billed for my first payment, so it'll definitely be there...

6. garys

garys Hall Of Fame

Nov 4, 2005

They usually offer the discount till end of the first week of the regular season.

7. JohnH

JohnH Hall Of Fame

Apr 22, 2002
    I will not be recommending this package via DiSH Network this season. El Cheapo is not providing preseason games to Multisports Pack subscribers and likely will NOT have many of the New RSNs' games available in the package.

MASN Nationals, SNY Mets, STO Indians and of course YES Yankees.

I did not mention CSN Philadelphia and 4 San Diego as they are not available.

8. JohnH

JohnH Hall Of Fame

Apr 22, 2002
    I forgot to mention the price is going up also.

9. jrbdmb

jrbdmb Icon

Sep 5, 2002
    Agreed. After much deliberation I will be calling Dish and cancelling my already-paid MLB EI 2006 subscription. If they care, I'll tell them why I am cancelling (too many missing games).

The fact that we haven't even heard rumors about deals with the Nats / Indians / Mets new RSNs is not a good sign.

BTW, I do dislike this proliferation of RSNs and hope one or more of the new ones fold a la Victory Sports. But I will not support Dish or MLB to the tune of $149 or more when almost 25% of the teams are not included in the out-of-market package.

10. YKW06

YKW06 Legend

Feb 2, 2006
    I'm getting games on NESN, Comcast Chicago and WPIX (OK, the last isn't actually Multisports). For whatever reason, the other regionals -are- blacked out, though.

11. garys

garys Hall Of Fame

Nov 4, 2005
    Preseason is strange as some of the markets will not black out those games. Once the seaons starts the blackouts come very rapidly. When the Red Sox started on WSBK a couple of years ago, the games were shown. The next year, after the first week of the regular season the games started to be blacked out. You could watch the replay later though.

12. JohnH

JohnH Hall Of Fame

Apr 22, 2002
  13. JohnH

JohnH Hall Of Fame

Apr 22, 2002
  14. garys

garys Hall Of Fame

Nov 4, 2005
  15. JohnH

JohnH Hall Of Fame

Apr 22, 2002
  16. garys

garys Hall Of Fame

Nov 4, 2005
    If you follow your link through, it winds up at screen stating $159.00 or 3 payments of $53.00 each. No other info as far was when it start though.

17. JohnH

JohnH Hall Of Fame

Apr 22, 2002
    I follow it and it goes to an account login with no pricing along the way.

Package has always started on Opening day(April 3 this year). Usually a free preview then for a week.

Thanks for the Info.

18. YKW06

YKW06 Legend

Feb 2, 2006
    I got a screen saying it would begin 02 Apr 2006. Got through to a confirm-before-sending page with CC info, pricing, dates, the whole works. Confirmed all info, hit the Submit button, and got this message:

" Unable to logon to system due to technical difficulties. Please try again at a later time."

Bleah...

19. garys

garys Hall Of Fame

Nov 4, 2005
    Sorry, didn't think about login page. Pricing show up after going past the login page.

20. JohnH

JohnH Hall Of Fame

Apr 22, 2002
    BTW: So far, no live MLB Preseason Baseball blackouts on E* today or tomorrow. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.