1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

MLB EI free preview, can't record?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by woj027, Apr 2, 2014.

1. woj027

woj027 Icon

Sep 3, 2007
    Portland, OR
    Hey all,

With the free MLB EI this week I was hoping to record a game, but I forgot to set it up from home so now I try to do it from afar.

When I look at my guide on the directv.com website (700's ) it shows the game, but when set it to record it shows the channel number for the 600 sports net.

Will the game actually record?

Any ideas what is up?

2. sigma1914

sigma1914 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Sep 5, 2006
    Allen, TX
    Yes, it'll record. RSNs are open during games with EI.

3. jeffgbailey

jeffgbailey Legend

Feb 28, 2008
    correction. the RSN's are open for the Live games only. As soon as the game is over (and someone at DIrectv sees it) they "lock it" for folks without the RSN pack (so you get the ext 721 message). They dont "open them" until the game actually starts (so you dont get any pregame)

4. trainman

trainman Hall Of Fame

Jan 9, 2008
    Sherman...
    To clarify, they don't open them until the game broadcast starts (i.e., at the top of the hour) -- you do end up getting 5 to 10 minutes of "pregame" before the game's actual start, you just don't get any separate pregame show.