1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MLB EI needed to record HD games in my region??

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by durl, Apr 25, 2009.

1. durl

durl Hall Of Fame

Mar 27, 2003
    Over a period of 3 days, two different CSRs and a supervisor have told me that I have to have MLB EI to record (NOT TO WATCH...but only to record) baseball games in my region that are on the "-1" channel. I've posted in another thread that the "-1" HD sub of my RSN is greyed out of my guide (along with about 10 others) even though I can watch HD programming on my -1 RSN.)

I've always been able to record HD games in my market since they became available...up until last week.

Was there really a change in MLB EI that requires me to pay to record my own RSN in HD??

2. jdspencer

jdspencer Hall Of Fame

Nov 7, 2003
    Since the "-1" channels seem to come and go, I suspect setting up series recordings could be difficult.

3. davring

davring Hall Of Fame

Jan 13, 2007
    Ditto. Next to impossible as the guide changes constantly.

4. durl

durl Hall Of Fame

Mar 27, 2003
    I really don't want to set up a Record Series, just record the games that I choose for a team in my region. I can't record even when watching a game. CSR said it's a rule imposed by MLB EI on certain regions and it will be spreading to other regions eventually. You can watch, but you're not allowed to record.