1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

MLB Game Mix Gone?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by xzi, Sep 13, 2009.

1. xzi

xzi Icon

Sep 18, 2007
    I assume the MLB Game Mix (720 and 720-1) is gone because of Sunday Ticket today?

This sucks, but I really hope it's only on Sundays otherwise I'll really be upset.

2. colebert

colebert Legend

Aug 19, 2007
    I thought the SD version was still up. But yes, there was a message at the bottom of the MLB Gamemix that said it wouldn't be available Sunday (today).

edit: The whole channel is now missing.

3. DodgerKing

DodgerKing Hall Of Fame

Apr 28, 2008
    I noticed this as well. This sucks. I guess bandwidth is an issue after all?

4. xzi

xzi Icon

Sep 18, 2007
    Ya I was wondering if it's bandwidth as well, but I wonder if maybe they just have a limited number of "servers" or whatever generates the Mix channels so they need to borrow the device vs. the bandwidth...

5. DodgerKing

DodgerKing Hall Of Fame

Apr 28, 2008
    And since Versus is gone, you you gain their bandwidth. Plus they removed the SD version as well.

6. DodgerKing

DodgerKing Hall Of Fame

Apr 28, 2008
    Called DirecTV and asked to speak with a supervisor to complain about the removal of a channel that I am paying extra for. They are prorating my EI package for the rest of the year. They are removing $69 off of my subscription.

I asked them if this will be an issue every Sunday and they told me it was a technical issue with the server and software and it should be up next Sunday. Has to do with the interactive feature of both mix channels or something like that. They said it was not a bandwidth problem.

7. Sixto

Sixto DIRECTV A-Team

Nov 18, 2005
    Been tracking this all day. Will post the details in the other thread. Tend to believe the technical issue since bandwidth is available. Will watch next weekend. They took down MLB HD Mix this morning.

8. Msguy

Msguy Hall Of Fame

May 22, 2003
    One would have to believe MLB Game Mix was taken off today because of the bandwidth needed for NFL Sunday Ticket games. There are only 3 more Sundays to go until regular season baseball is history for the year anyway.

9. Sixto

Sixto DIRECTV A-Team

Nov 18, 2005
    First, it's probably more related to the technology infrastructure needed to create a Mix channel, then HD bandwidth. Second, I'd be absolutely mortified to ever call to complain about missing a channel for a few hours on a Sunday, but I know everyone's threshold for acceptance is different. Geez, it's been 30+ HD channels every day for 6 months.

10. Dcm210

Dcm210 Godfather

Jan 17, 2009
    its back on

11. Ken S

Ken S RIP

Feb 12, 2007
    Last year DirecTV did similar when they removed Strike Zone on Sunday afternoons. Because, as everyone knows, the games in September don't mean anything. How about they black out Redzone in December?

12. RAD

RAD DIRECTV A-Team

Aug 5, 2002
    Dripping...
    Looks like this Sunday MLB Game Mix HD will be shutdown again. Looking at the guide it's there until 5AM central on Sunday when it changes to Upcoming:MLB HD Game Mix and stays that way until 5AM central on Monday when it goes back to MLB HD Game Mix. Guess it is a bandwidth problem and not a server problem.

13. skizer

skizer AllStar

May 16, 2004
    I think it sucks that they remove a "premium" channel on the last 4 sundays of the season, in order to free up bandwith for NFL:ST.

I paid extra for this package, and while granted I don't watch the mix channel much during the day, it was paid for and advertised as one of the benefits of MLB EI.

14. Movieman

Movieman Hall Of Fame

May 8, 2009
    Not sure why. I check my HR23 through 8pm Sunday and it still showed on channel 720-1.

15. RAD

RAD DIRECTV A-Team

Aug 5, 2002
    Dripping...
    Just checked my HR21-100 and it shows Upcoming for the 12 hours of 5AM to 5PM on Sunday, durning all other times it doesn't say upcoming.

16. Boston_bill

Boston_bill Icon

Jul 23, 2009
    I still have trouble buying the bandwidth argument in this day and age. How about dumping the music channels in the 800 series. Does anyone really listen to those stations throught he TV?

17. pbg

pbg Godfather

Oct 11, 2007
    I work from home, and listen to them 8 hours a day. Through my stereo, not the TV. I love having them. Besides, from what I understand their bandwidth is minimal. I think also DirecTV gets paid to carry them.

18. ronsanjim

ronsanjim Godfather

Mar 18, 2008
    Cherokee...
    Right On. My sentiments exactly. We paid for it!

19. DodgerKing

DodgerKing Hall Of Fame

Apr 28, 2008
    And during the most important month of the seas at that.

20. DodgerKing

DodgerKing Hall Of Fame

Apr 28, 2008
    Call them and complain, they will credit your account. They did so with me. I got $69 back.