1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

MLB Package Price Drop Dates

Discussion in 'Sports Programming and Events' started by Maruuk, Jul 3, 2010.

1. Maruuk

Maruuk Hall Of Fame

Dec 4, 2007
    Anybody know the date or dates when the MLB package price drops? I know there's at least one mid-season, but any info would be helpful. Thanks!

2. cforrest

cforrest Icon

Jan 20, 2007
    Usually after All-Star break is half-off price and then another one, usually marketed as Pennant Chase in Sept after Labor Day I think. That one is usually $50 or so as I recall.

3. sigma1914

sigma1914 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Sep 5, 2006
    Allen, TX
    Probably after July 13th.

4. Maruuk

Maruuk Hall Of Fame

Dec 4, 2007
    Great, thanks guys!

5. Chinatown

Chinatown AllStar

Dec 13, 2003
    I have the MLB Tv package on the internet.

It has been improved dramatically. The freezing problem, etc, is almost nonexistant.

The trick is to download Goggle Chrome. Yes, it does use a lot of Ram, but is by far the best browser, bar non.

6. Maruuk

Maruuk Hall Of Fame

Dec 4, 2007
    I tried that last year via Firefox, it was quite good but I didn't try it with Chrome, though I do have that as well.

7. Chinatown

Chinatown AllStar

Dec 13, 2003
    Yes, I used it with firefox, explorer, etc. Chrome makes the difference.

8. Maruuk

Maruuk Hall Of Fame

Dec 4, 2007
    I was having a ton of trouble in Firefox getting the DVR nav controls to work right. They'd work some, then freak out.

9. hallrk

hallrk Legend

Apr 15, 2010
    The half season price is out. Its $139.96 or 4 payments of $34.99. It's a little I higher than I hoped. I may have to go for it though since the Reds are in the race for the first time in a decade.
    Also there is a free preview of EI starting Thursday,July 15 and going until July 21st.

http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/content/sports/mlb?footernavtype=-1