1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mlb pass (team pass)

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by kdjuan, Mar 29, 2009.

1. kdjuan

kdjuan Cool Member

Jan 14, 2007
    I would like to be able to purchase and individual team pass, iam a big St. Louis Cardinal fan, and was wondering if there is any talk about allowing a individual team pass.

2. mauijiminar

mauijiminar Godfather

Oct 11, 2007
    I can tell you with MLB and their rules, this WILL NEVER HAPPEN!

3. cariera

cariera Icon

Oct 27, 2006
  4. kdjuan

kdjuan Cool Member

Jan 14, 2007
    That's really cute, people can sure be ignorant sometime.

5. saleen351

saleen351 Godfather

Mar 28, 2006
    I offered D 500 bucks and all I wanted is the YES Net with all the Yankees games... They said no thus I canceled mlbei 2 years ago....

You can't have the simplicity of the NFLST then have to deal with MLB and its ass clown rules..

6. golfnut-n-nh

golfnut-n-nh Legend

Mar 26, 2007

You do realize that if you order the Sports Pak during the baseball season and EI you can get all of your Yankee games on YES for less than $500.00. Dual feeds are a wonderful thing. :D

7. 1980ws

1980ws Legend

Mar 18, 2008
    Longwood,...
    I guess it's an insult to have other games available??????

8. saleen351

saleen351 Godfather

Mar 28, 2006
    That is 1000000000% not true....

They black out the games all the time.. I live in Florida, so when the Marlins are on, the Yankes are not.

9. swyman18

swyman18 Legend

Jan 12, 2009
    Wouldn't your only issue be if the Yankees are playing the Marlins and then you would have to watch on your local RSN? I haven't looked at the interleague schedule this year yet.

This will be my first year with MLBEI on Directv, so I'm curious also how the dual feeds will work with the blackout rules.

10. celticpride

celticpride Icon

Sep 6, 2006
    Back in 1994or 95? when i first got directv they use to have NBA TEAM PASS so i could order just 1 teams nba games for $99.00 a year. but that only lasted that 1 year as the following year they only offered nba league pass for $149.00 a year. but being a diehard celtics fan,after all these years i still only watch the celtics games! I wish all the pro sports leagues would only let you pay for the team you want to watch.

11. vansmack

vansmack Godfather

Aug 14, 2006
    This is only true on Saturday mornings/afternoons when Fox controls the games on Saturday's until 7PM ET. They choose one game for you to watch and hope you enjoy it.

Otherwise, with MLBEI you are not prevented from watching the other games simply because your local team is playing. I watch hundreds of games a year mostly because I DON'T want to watch my local teams.

12. golfnut-n-nh

golfnut-n-nh Legend

Mar 26, 2007
    Your statement is not correct. I'm a Mets fan in New England and I can watch all the games that SNY broadcasts except for two instances; one, when they play the Red Sox, and two, Saturday afternoon games when Fox has exclusive rights.

13. spartanstew

spartanstew Dry as a bone DBSTalk Club

Nov 16, 2005
    Wylie, Texas
    I find it odd that the only person in the thread that didn't know you couldn't order individual teams is calling everyone else ignorant.

14. scott72

scott72 Icon

Feb 17, 2008
    Basically if your local team is playing you have to watch them on your local RSN and the dual feed wouldn't be available. Other than that you can watch any team any time except on Fox saturday afternoons.

15. teebeebee1

teebeebee1 Godfather

Dec 11, 2006
    :lol::hurah::hurah::hurah: