1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

MLB Postseason on Sirius via ESPN?

Discussion in 'Sirius XM General Discussion' started by Chilcoot, Jul 7, 2013.

1. Chilcoot

Chilcoot Legend

Jun 22, 2008
    Sirius' satellite service carries ESPN Radio on ch. 82. This October, most ESPN Radio terrestrial stations will broadcast ESPN Radio's Major League Baseball's postseason games. Will Sirius also carry those games via its satellite carriage of ESPN Radio?

Also, does Sirius' satellite service channel currently carry Sunday Night Baseball on ESPN?

Thanks a lot.

2. djlong

djlong Hall Of Fame

Jul 8, 2002
    New Hampshire
    There's usually a question as to when SiriusXM will go from "home feed only" to "home, away, and national feed" of playoff games. If memory serves, after the first round, all the feeds are carried but it seems to be somewhat variable.

3. Athlon646464

Athlon646464 Gold Members DBSTalk Gold Club

Feb 23, 2007
    Uxbridge, MA
    If i remember correctly, we had three listening choices for each game last season. Home, away and national feed.

4. Chilcoot

Chilcoot Legend

Jun 22, 2008
    So, if I understand correctly, if this fall works like last fall did, a Sirius subscriber who does not also have XM (just Sirius) will be able to listen to the entire MLB Postseason on their satellite radio. In fact, multiple broadcasts may be available. Is that what I can expect?

Thanks.

5. trh

trh This Space for Sale

Nov 2, 2007
    NE FL
    I don't think so. The only channels Sirius lists the games on are their internet radio channels, not their satellite channels.

6. Chilcoot

Chilcoot Legend

Jun 22, 2008
    Sirius' current listings don't answer my question, which relates to games to be played in three months and broadcast by ESPN Radio, which does appear in the Sirius satellite channel list.

You may be right, but not because of anything that the current listings suggest.

7. trh

trh This Space for Sale

Nov 2, 2007
    NE FL
    I didn't base the answer just on their current schedule. You go to other satellite radio forums, and they all say 'no' to MLB on Sirius sat radio.

8. Chilcoot

Chilcoot Legend

Jun 22, 2008
    Thank you for your response. Could you link me to the forum where my question was answered?

Again, thank you.