1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

MLB TV Black Out

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by Skeeterman, May 10, 2013.

1. Skeeterman

Skeeterman Legend

Jun 24, 2003
    In past weeks I had no problem watching Baseball on MLB TV, until tonight. It's blacked out showing that I'm in a area that is a black out. I'm in the Kansas City- St. Louis baseball market, and never had this before. I would call Dish, but, they probably would say I'm not a Dish subscriber or something else.

2. tjguitar

tjguitar Mentor

Aug 23, 2006
    Do you mean MLB Network? If so, are they airing the Cardinals or Royals?

3. Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon Leapin' Lizard Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    The blackout usually means the game is available on another channel. Blackouts usually occur when the game carried is in your local home market. There are exceptions sometimes, but this is usually the reason... so you might find the game available on another channel.

4. Skeeterman

Skeeterman Legend

Jun 24, 2003
    My MLB Network schedule shows they are not airing either one.

5. Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon Leapin' Lizard Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    My EPG says "Yankees at Royals" for MLB Network right now.

6. Skeeterman

Skeeterman Legend

Jun 24, 2003
    I've tried the ROOT channel 414...Rocky Mountain Rockies channel, and it too is blacked out. So, it must be MLB is airing the Rockies-Cardinal game.

7. Skeeterman

Skeeterman Legend

Jun 24, 2003
    Stewart, I can watch channel 446..Fox Sports MW...Airing Yankees at Royals. But, I'm a old St. Louis Cardinal fan and my father-in-law played for the Cardinals from 1918-1927.

8. Skeeterman

Skeeterman Legend

Jun 24, 2003
    I just went to the family room where the wife views her TV programing. In the family room we have a VIP211 connected to a 43" HDTV. I turned the to channel 152 and there's the Yankee-Royal game being shown. I generally watch TV in the Den where I have a VIP211K on a Samsung 43" TV. In the den on Dish MLB Network channel 152 it's blacked out according to the wording.
    I subscribe to Dish 250 channels, and I get more channels on the family room VIP211 than I do in the den VIP211K. The two receivers are connected to the same 1000.2 antenna. Please explain to me...why?

9. dstout

dstout Legend

Jul 19, 2005
    If you are in the Royals TV area, you should be blacked out on channel 152. I assume Fox Sports Kansas City was televising. Did you check it to see if you were getting the game?

10. Ray C@DISH Network

Ray C@DISH Network DISH Representative DISH Representative

Dec 28, 2010
    You should get the same programming on both receivers. Check to ensure your guide is not on a Favorites List, which could have fewer channels saved to the list. Please let me know. Thanks.

11. Michael P

Michael P Hall Of Fame

Oct 27, 2004
    By any chance was that VIP211k in the den a warranty replacement? I once had a warranty replacement receiver that was stuck in Rhode Island - it had all the Providence locals in the EPG. While this is not the same issue, it's possible that the den receiver had been coded for another area of the country where the game was blacked out.

I don't think a favorites list would cause the blackout message (if that is indeed what you are getting).