1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MLS avaliablility

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by FavreJL04, Apr 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FavreJL04

FavreJL04 Legend

Feb 4, 2006
    I do not subscribe to the MLS Soccer package. Last night I was flipping through the networks on the Sports Pack and all channels with an MLS game on it were blacked out except for Comcast Chicago on 640. The game on was Chicago Fire @ Colorado Rapids and was live. This was on I think two other RSNs, but was blacked out on those two. Comcast Chicago is not my local RSN as I would not be able to receive it without the Sports Pack. My Zip is 49858 and only indicates FSN Detroit 636 as my RSN.

Does anybody know all the guidelines that MLS uses to determine who can see what on which channel? I guess in short, how do the blackouts work?

2. Tony1097

Tony1097 AllStar

Apr 26, 2006
    I wish I knew how they worked myself.. I can't get the Crew games, even though I live in Ohio. I do believe that every once in a while, you will be able to get a random MLS game with the sports pack and not add it to the MLS shootout package. strange, I know. but I will take it.

I thought about getting the package, but FSC, GolTV, and Setanta is good enough entertainment for me for now :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.