1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

MLS Direct Kick Blackouts

Discussion in 'Sports Programming and Events' started by FramundaCheeze, Aug 1, 2010.

1. FramundaCheeze

FramundaCheeze Legend

Jun 9, 2004
    Does MLS DK broadcast games from Fox soccer channel? Also, I live in Philly and alot of Union games are on abc 6.2 (Live Well HD) which Directv doesn't carry. Will these games be shown on Direct Kick or will I have to buy an antenna just to see these games???

2. Chandu

Chandu Hall Of Fame

Oct 2, 2005
  3. RasputinAXP

RasputinAXP Kwisatz Haderach of Cordcuttery

Jan 23, 2008
    Good luck. Unless you have a big VHF antenna, you're not going to pick up 6 OTA. Unless you live like right near the transmitters up Bala Cynwyd way.

4. FramundaCheeze

FramundaCheeze Legend

Jun 9, 2004
    Wont be a problem. I have a mini 7" tv that picks up 6.2 crystal clear INSIDE my house. An antenna shouldn't be a problem. I just want to know what to spend my money on. I would order Direct kick if I can get the games from Live Well and FSC. If not, I'll have to get an antenna for Live Well and the Sports Pack for FSC. Obviously I'd prefer to get away with buying Direct Kick! :grin:

5. fireponcoal

fireponcoal Icon

Sep 26, 2009
    Any word on this? Was wondering how I was going to watch the game tonight? I'm guessing livewellHD is considered an abc affiliated station and it will not be on direct kick. I'm tempted to get direct kick for the non televised games that are coming up. Those have no local broadcast and should be covered by direct kick I would think. Hope?

6. russinpa

russinpa AllStar

Aug 11, 2010
    I live in the Philly market (Berks County) and have Direct Kick thru Directv.

So far this year all Union games on Direct Kick have been available to me (NO BLACKOUTS). Sometimes its the Union broadcast and sometimes its the opposing team's broadcast. Wednesday's game against RSL was the Union broadcast.

Also, if a game is on one of the ESPN channels or FSC its exclusive. No local telecasts or DK.

If a game is on Telefutura or Galavision it can be televised in the participating teams markets in English but it wont be on DK because TF/Gal have national rights to the game.

So far this year, I have had every Union MLS game available to me on at least one of the services listed above.

Hope this helps. Russ