1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

mls//FOXsoccerOUT..NBCuIN.

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by fireponcoal, Aug 11, 2011.

Tags:
  1. fireponcoal

fireponcoal Icon

Sep 26, 2009
  2. DaveC27

DaveC27 Godfather

Apr 14, 2010
    Now all we need is a picture that doesn't look as if it was filmed off someone's YouTube feed :)

3. Kevin F

Kevin F Hall Of Fame

May 9, 2010
    +1 to that. An HD feed maybe?! ;)

Kevin

4. fireponcoal

fireponcoal Icon

Sep 26, 2009
    watching the blackpool carling cup game today on foxsoccer.tv. picture is great and is in glorious SD. i'm pretty sure the foxsoccer+ feed currently on D* makes it seem like one is watching through a screen door. the game is a bore by the way. total waste of my afternoon actually. :lol:

5. Araxen

Araxen Icon

Dec 18, 2005
    Now only if the topic was in English.

6. YakeVlad

YakeVlad Legend

Aug 12, 2011
    Relax guys, the agreement is for the games to be broadcast on NBC Sports Network (currently Versus) not NBC Universal Sports. We already have an HD feed for that channel.

7. fireponcoal

fireponcoal Icon

Sep 26, 2009
    What's not to understand? Foxsoccer out NBCu IN. Relating to MLS.

8. adkinsjm

adkinsjm Icon

Mar 25, 2003
    Learn when to use upper and lower case letters.

9. moghedien

moghedien Legend

Dec 3, 2007
    According to the article, the games will be on NBC Sports(Versus), not on NBC Universal Sports. So we don't have to worry about NBCU's poor video quality...

10. fireponcoal

fireponcoal Icon

Sep 26, 2009
    But nbcu owns the rights. Whatever though... Versus will be called NBC sports or some variation of the term anyway.. Sorry to confuse.

11. fireponcoal

fireponcoal Icon

Sep 26, 2009
    Suck a ....

Hope i don't confuse :). Friend.
    Really though, why so butt hurt?
    Artistic License was used on my my part... Stop acting like I took a piss on your car.

12. adkinsjm

adkinsjm Icon

Mar 25, 2003
    Readable English used to be the norm around here. Using DTV, D* and E* are frowned upon. Is it too much to ask for posters to observe basic rules of English?

13. fireponcoal

fireponcoal Icon

Sep 26, 2009

the times they are a changing. perhaps you should quit direct tv(or dish network) and life.... the world is crashing down around our very eyes. the picture quality of life is turning a dull black and gray. what are we to do?

really though, it's only the internet... mls games will simply be broadcast on a different network starting in 2012. best of luck to the mighty comcast which is a philadelphia company don't cha' know. i also hear they go around kicking peoples k9's. i'm not sure if that one is true but it's just something written about on the DBS talk message board... first world problems.

14. dhines

dhines Godfather

Aug 16, 2006
    really? i came over to this forum when i left d* tivo, and have seen the usage of d* and e* ever since then.

mind telling me what the 'approved' abbreviation for directv is?

15. adkinsjm

adkinsjm Icon

Mar 25, 2003
  16. wmb

wmb Godfather

Dec 17, 2008
    OK, I'm confused... where does it say Fox Soccer is out of MLS? From what I understand, the current deal with Fox Soccer ends this year, but the article does not mention Fox Soccer (or ESPN for that matter).

The NBC deal amounts to one game per week. ESPN has 29 games, less than one per week. That leaves plenty of games, around 6, per week that are available to be broadcast by Fox Soccer.

I don't see how Fox Soccer could be a US-based soccer network and not carry the league at the top of the US soccer pyramid.

17. tonyd79

tonyd79 Hall Of Fame

Jul 24, 2006
    Columbia, MD
    Yes, the times are changing...back to fully readable english. I have a lot of young (teenage) friends and family. They all wrote shorthand when they had simple phones. They all started writing words out when they got phones with full keyboards. Every one of them.

Even most of the tweets I follow are getting more readable rather than less.

Keep up. ;)

18. fireponcoal

fireponcoal Icon

Sep 26, 2009
    I hear and fully understand what you wrote. I have siblings who use the same shorthand and it's a less the flattering way to communicate.

I posted the thread title the way I did because I wanted a quick and short way to post the info. No other reason. I'm truly sorry it caused such a stir in panties of the grammar brigade.

Going to the Philly union game this evening... An MLS game in the flesh.. No NBCU or FOXSoccer required. Good day people.

19. fireponcoal

fireponcoal Icon

Sep 26, 2009
    ESPN has it's contract until 2014 so they are still in so to speak. Fox soccer is out as it will be saving them eight million dollars. MLS was not making them money like the EPL does so it's truly a win for them to get rid of the MLS.

MLS will now be on a network that reaches a much larger audience and they get a slightly bigger contract...

20. adkinsjm

adkinsjm Icon

Mar 25, 2003
    MLS is not worth $8 million per year. NBCUniversal is using the deal as a way to bid for World Cup rights.