1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MMM renewal price

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by mikewsu, Mar 16, 2009.

1. mikewsu

mikewsu AllStar

Oct 26, 2007
    I was charged $69 when I was auto-renewed. However this DirecTV page seems to indicate I should of received some "lower" auto-renewal price: http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/global/contentPage.jsp?assetId=1100042

What money am I saving? haha

Can anyone offer any insight? Incorrect advertising from DirecTV?

2. totoros

totoros AllStar

May 13, 2008
    time = money

so you saved time by autorenewing, thereby saving money indirectly :confused:

3. rbjonesjr

rbjonesjr New Member

Apr 11, 2008
    Both DirecTV.com and the 800 number explicitly state that a land line is required for all sports packages.

I just talked to Customer Service, who "checked with" someone else, and they say it is not a requirement.

Does anyone know from experience?

Thanks,
    RBJ

4. miketorse

miketorse Icon

Jul 29, 2008
    No landline required. I have NFLST and MLBEI with no landline. Trust me, no landline is required.

5. bscott

bscott Legend

Jun 4, 2004
    They used to tell people that a landline was required for all sports as that was how they determined your area in regards to blackouts. Now a days I think that's totally bogus as so many people have DVR's and more and more of those are connected to the internet and not phone lines. I've only had one issue where I had a sports package turned off because of no phone line and that was back in 98 or 99 (I've had D* since 96) when they gave me the black out excuse. But when I explained that there was no way to hook up a line where that receiver was they simply turned it back on.

I don't see how a phone line helps any more with blackouts. We use VoIP at home ourselves and with that you could in theory have any phone number you want from any state so using a phone line and determining your location by your phone number would be useless so that may be one of the reasons they tell you it is no longer a requirement.

6. dodge boy

dodge boy R.I.P. Chris Henry

Mar 31, 2006
    I thought it was more to make sure all the receivers were at teh sam address/phone number...