1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moble Dish Network

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by grubin, Jan 6, 2012.

1. grubin

grubin New Member

Jan 6, 2012
    I wish to mount a dish on my motor home and travel from Colorado to the east coast, Florida area. Currently I connect to 110 and 119. Will my 625 still work if I can find those satellites? Is there any connection problem I should anticipate?

2. filefly

filefly New Member

Jan 5, 2012
    You can certainly use it -- but there are a couple caveats. With mobile dishes (ones used for RVs) many times they only support one tuner. If you're using a regular residential dish and pointing it yourself, this won't be a problem. Also, it's not recommended to use a DVR in a motor home since the constant movement and vibration can cause hard drive issues. If you understand these things, you shouldn't have any trouble.

3. grubin

grubin New Member

Jan 6, 2012
    Thanks for the information. I've read that it's sometimes hard to find 119 at the 91 degree longitudes. Do I have the option to use the newer east coast satillites or do I stay with my 110 and 119?

4. BobaBird

BobaBird EKB Editor

Mar 30, 2002
    No. The 625 is an MPEG-2 receiver and nearly all programming on the Eastern Arc satellites is in MPEG-4.

5. HobbyTalk

HobbyTalk Hall Of Fame

Jul 14, 2007
    I am currently in SW FL and use 110, 119, 129 for service. While lower in the sky I have no problems using all 3 sats from a number of locations in the state. Of course it depends on any trees that may be in your location.

6. scooper

scooper Hall Of Fame

Apr 22, 2002
    Youngsville NC
    I see Dishes pointing to 119 and 110 clear out on the NC coast (72 degrees west) with no issues. Florida shouldn't present any major challenges.

You might start running into some problems up towards Maine and the like, (129 is not usuable).