1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modulation & remote help, please

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Equipment' started by nancyh1980, Jan 28, 2011.

1. nancyh1980

nancyh1980 New Member

Jan 28, 2011
    My Grandmother had a camera as channel 69 on her Comcast service. After the direct TV guys left, she no longer can see the camera.
    I know the technology to "modulate" the camera signal is different with Direct TV than Comcast.
    Please note due to her age, asking her to go to different input on the TV is not an option.
    I called around and was told that there is no such thing as modulate the camera into Direct TV.
    Is this true? If yes, what would be another option?
    Also, the dog chewed up her Direct TV RF remote. Any place to obtain one without having Direct TV coming back?
    I am pretty technical regarding running wire....
    Thanks you guys for all the help.

2. Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet The Shadow Knows!

Jun 18, 2006
    :welcome_s to DBSTalk!

Unfortunately there really isn't a way to modulate a signal into a DIRECTV receiver. Perhaps, since you are looking for a new remote, you might consider a universal that allows you to program macros. The remote could change inputs for her if programmed properly.

3. BattleZone

BattleZone Hall Of Fame

Nov 13, 2007
  4. fluffybear

fluffybear Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jun 19, 2004
    Peachtree...
    Would be nice if there was a way but sadly there isn't. Even if there was such a device, the way DirecTV equipment currently works is that available channels are determined by DirecTV guide data and not channel scanning thus unless there was a Channel 69 in your local community, DirecTV equipment would not even allow her to tune to it.

5. mashandhogan

mashandhogan Legend

Dec 21, 2010
    What reciever does your grandmother have??