1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Monster Cable Power Center

Discussion in 'Home Theater Audio' started by kevinturcotte, Jun 28, 2008.

1. kevinturcotte

kevinturcotte New Member

Dec 19, 2006
    Outside...
  2. spartanstew

spartanstew Dry as a bone

Nov 16, 2005
    Wylie, Texas
    I've used them.
    They're prettty good.
    They do what they claim.

However, I wouldn't use one anymore. Get yourself a good UPS instead.

3. spartanstew

spartanstew Dry as a bone

Nov 16, 2005
    Wylie, Texas
    Yes, that too.

edit: OK, there was another post between my two posts originally but it seems to have disappeared. The post I was replying to said something to the effect of "you can buy power conditioners that are just as good, for cheaper"

4. Richard King

Richard King Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Mar 25, 2002
  5. Steve Mehs

Steve Mehs Hall Of Fame

Mar 21, 2002
    I have had the basic Moster Power HTS 1600, for about a year and a half now, and I love it. While it hurt supporting Monster, their cables may be an overpriced sham, but the power protection is top notch. I use it for my HDTV, cable box, DVD player, HT receiver and the rest of my A/V gear. My two main computers are on APC UPS.

6. Cholly

Cholly Old Guys Rule!

Mar 22, 2004
    Indian...
    I'd look at units by APC, TrippLite and Belkin before considering a Monster Cable product.