1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Montana PBS change... Now what do I do?

Discussion in 'FTA / Non Small Dish Satellite Area' started by Backwoods Montana, Oct 16, 2010.

1. Backwoods Montana

Backwoods Montana New Member

Mar 19, 2009
    OK, so I've been doing pretty good pulling in Montana PBS on AMC 21 along with Create and a couple other stations, but now Montana PBS has changed their broadcast :

montanapbs.org/AboutUs/News/Article/?ARTICLE_ID=38

I've been using a 36" GEOSATpro 90cm Satellite Dish with .4 LNBF and a CoolSat 6100 Private receiver.

A couple of questions for anyone who knows more about this than I do (which is pretty much everyone)

1) Will my current dish and LNBF still work?

2) I guess my Coolsat is almost useless now, so what would be my best choice for a new receiver?

Thanks for any info you can provide.

-Backwoods Montana

2. FTA Michael

FTA Michael Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jul 21, 2002
  3. Davenlr

Davenlr Geek til I die

Sep 16, 2006
    Be careful with Montana PBS. It uses an extremely low SR, and my Pansat9200 with S2 board will find it, but even entering the parameters manually, will only display Scrambled or Bad channel.

You would be much better off using the PBS mux with your current receiver, unless you are in Montana and want the local programming. Otherwise, make sure the company you buy the receiver from can either test it beforehand to make sure it will work with that channel, or has a return policy you can live with.

4. FTA Michael

FTA Michael Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jul 21, 2002
    Davenlr might have something there. I thought that all was well because my SatHawk handles the other DVB-S2 feeds on that bird, but now that I check the new Montana PBS, I'm getting a very weak signal with a 90cm dish.

OTOH, the national feeds and the Oklahoma and Louisiana PBS feeds come in okay for me.

5. Davenlr

Davenlr Geek til I die

Sep 16, 2006
    Im getting a 95 signal, 88 quality, and cant get it. Lots of folks reporting they cant get it on AZbox, which is supposed to get everything. OTOH, people using computer based S2 boards are getting it ok. Very weird.