1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Monty Python & the Holy Grail Special Edition DVD

Discussion in 'The Movies' started by gcutler, May 3, 2002.

1. gcutler

gcutler Hall Of Fame

Mar 23, 2002
    The Special Edition Monty Python and the Holy Grail (Special Edition DVD) is really great. Right now I listening to the Palin/Idle/Cleese commentary, the Jones/Gillian commentary will no doubt be as spectacular.

If you loved the movie and love MP, this is a must have!!!

2. TNGTony

TNGTony Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Mar 23, 2002
    I have the Critereon collection CLV laser disc. It has the directors track with the Terries' commentary going on it. To tell the truth, I've never listened to the whole thing! I keep going back to the movie. It also has the Japanese dub on the other analog track. :)

"'Tis but a scratch!"

See ya
    Tony

3. gcutler

gcutler Hall Of Fame

Mar 23, 2002
    Being a big movie buff, one of the greatest things to occur for me on DVDs is The Commentary track. Although Terry Gilliam's in "12 Monkies" was one of the worst. Give me info and insight into the movie, not what lunch was like with that actor's agent.

The Palin/Idle/Cleese track was really insightful. Things like their chain-mail in the movie is really painted cloth, and they are all drenched from the weather and freezing their as*es off. The way the loved that Graham Chapmans performance is so sterotypical of the Upperclass/rulingclass of england and he gets no respect in the movie :D