1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moratorium on "Satelliteracer" question threads

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by Doug Brott, Nov 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Doug Brott

Doug Brott Lifetime Achiever DBSTalk Club

Jul 12, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Folks,

Please, we need to put a stop to the "Satelliteracer: What's coming next?" questions. Satelliteracer has been very good about letting us all know about channels when it is time to do so.

As a result, I'm placing a moratorium on these types of questions at this time. Thank you for your cooperation in this matter.

2. Sixto

Sixto Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2005
    Thank you.

3. Greg Alsobrook

Greg Alsobrook Lifetime Achiever

Apr 1, 2007
    Agreed. I'm sure he already shares whatever he can. No need to pressure him.

Thanks for all you do SatRacer!! :)

4. mreposter

mreposter Hall Of Fame

Jul 29, 2006
    Sounds fair - he can post new info when he's ready to share and then we can discuss and ask follow-up questions if needed. He's an incredible resource here, and often times shows amazing patience with us.

5. wilbur_the_goose

wilbur_the_goose Hall Of Fame

Aug 16, 2006
    He and (bow your heads) my old (2000-ish) on-line buddy TiVoVangelist are my corporate heroes! Thanks, Satracer!

6. Newshawk

Newshawk Hall Of Fame

Sep 3, 2004
    Broken...
    Aye, aye, capitan!

7. bjflynn04

bjflynn04 Hall Of Fame

Jul 27, 2004
    Thank You Doug. Satelliteracer does his best to provide us information whenever he can and I would hate for that to stop.

8. Piratefan98

Piratefan98 Icon

Mar 11, 2008
    He is very patient, no doubt about it. I'd never be able to take the constant heckling. I'm not sure how much of it he reads, but hopefully not too much.

That said .... in the current DirecTV climate as it pertains to National HD, we don't really need him. We can just self-answer our National HD questions with:

a) Soon
    b) It takes two to tango
    c) The current focus is on LiL's,
    d) etc.

In this environment of glacial-paced HD additions, it doesn't seem like an "insider" is really needed.

Jeff

9. smiddy

smiddy Tain't ogre til its ogre

Apr 5, 2006
    Yep, now we're talking! Thanks Doug.

10. DodgerKing

DodgerKing Hall Of Fame

Apr 28, 2008
    Can we make a satelliteracer sticky, where HE and only HE simply updates one thread when necessary to inform us of upcoming additions and changes? We would still be able to ask questions of his posts.

11. HDTVsportsfan

HDTVsportsfan New Member

Nov 29, 2005
    As it should be.

12. armophob

armophob Difficulty Concen........

Nov 13, 2006
    Fort Pierce, FL
    Is that what those have been about? Here I thought it was a web site that people were referencing. I had no idea that each thread was directed at one individual.
    Absolutely all threads calling out anyone but Earl should be stopped.

13. RobertE

RobertE New Member

Jun 9, 2006
    Good move. :)

14. JayPSU

JayPSU Godfather

Jul 17, 2007
    LOL...good job, guys. Now Satelliteracer's PM box will be full every day.

15. tcusta00

tcusta00 Active Member

Dec 31, 2007
    You should stop sending him PMs then.

16. Greg Alsobrook

Apr 1, 2007
    Absolutely unacceptable.

Shame on anyone that PMs him for info. What makes you think he would/should share info with individuals privately that he won't share publicly?

17. JayPSU

JayPSU Godfather

Jul 17, 2007
    I do NOT think he would. But I DO think he will get bombarded with PM's from people. There should just be a single "ask SatRacer" thread where he can, if he wishes, answer any question he chooses and it's all in one spot.

18. tcusta00

tcusta00 Active Member

Dec 31, 2007
    Or we can just leave the guy alone like the mods have asked and let him volunteer the information he has when he's willing to do so. He's always been very nice and open with the information he has so let's not abuse him.

19. Draconis

Draconis New Member

Mar 16, 2007
    Las Vegas, NV
    I am very happy with the information he provides and see no reason to pester him.

Folks, if we want to keep the information flowing, we need to let it run it’s natural course and not try to rush it.

20. Greg Alsobrook

Apr 1, 2007
    Exactly... He's in no way, shape, or form obligated to provide us with any info... And he gains nothing from doing so... He does it because he's a nice guy... No reason to take him for granted...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.