1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

More HD than just on 129?

Discussion in 'DISH™ High Definition Discussion' started by mraroid, Dec 27, 2013.

1. mraroid

mraroid Legend

Jun 11, 2006
    Over 5 years ago, when I bought my 622 at Costco (it has just come out) and did a self install, the only HD from DishNetwork came from the 129 bird. So, because I live close to the canada border, I decied the leave the two SD LNBs in the 1000 dish, and move the 129 HD LNB to a DishNetwork 500 dish. Unlike my DishNetwork neighbors, I have had really high gain on both my two SD LNBs on the dish 1000, and my single HD LNB on my dish 500 which is pointed directly at the 129 bird.

Because my system has worked so well, I have not bothered to keep up with the technology. I hear people saying that HD is now coming from the two SD birds - 119 and 110.

Is this true? And if this is true, do I need to switch out what I have been calling the SD LNBs that came with the original 1000 dish? Or are they capable of recieveing HD as well?

I am so confused. So I thought I would ask here.

Thanks

jack

(been out of the loop for a while, sorry)

2. Nick

Nick Retired, part-time PITA DBSTalk Gold Club

Apr 23, 2002
    The...
    More HD then just on 129?
    "than"

3. RBA

RBA Active Member

Apr 14, 2013
    TEXAS
    The LNBs are the same no such thing as HD/SD LNBs.

4. Jim5506

Jim5506 Hall Of Fame

Jun 7, 2004
    If you have 110, 119 and 129, you have all the HD TPs covered unless Dish sticks tour HD locals on 61.5.

HD LNBs are just like HDTV antennas - no different from the SD ones, they all capture certain frequencies of radiation.

5. tampa8

tampa8 Godfather/Supporter

Mar 30, 2002
    To answer your question, yes there a few, not many, HD channels on 110 that are not on 129. USA comes to mind. 119 has SyFi. There may be a very few more on each. Most all the HD channels are not CONUS they are meant for places that can not get 129 or the Eastern Arc satellites.

6. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    Mediterranea...
    Just watch James Long sticky thread Uplink changes and you'll know when and what HD or SD channels come and go on all satellites... happy NY !