1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

More recent movies.

Discussion in 'The Movies' started by Rich, Mar 26, 2017.

1. Rich

Rich DBSTalk Club DBSTalk Club

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    In the last couple weeks I've seen Hacksaw Ridge, Desierto, Criminal and Bleed For This. All were very good.

The CGI's in Hacksaw Ridge have to be seen to be believed. Kinda made me wonder if anybody could sign up for the Army after seeing it.

Criminal came in the mail (I only watch NF BDs) and I had to wonder why I ordered it. Then the movie started and Kevin Costner is the star. That's why I ordered it. I don't think I've ever seen a movie with Costner in it that I didn't enjoy.

Bleed For This is about Vinnie Pazienza and the horrible auto accident he was in. I'm a boxing fan and I enjoyed the movie.

That leaves Desierto (means desert in English). I had absolutely no idea why I ordered this and the squib on the envelope did nothing to make my think I didn't make a mistake. Turned out to be very good. It stars Jeffrey Dean Morgan (Neegan on Walking Dead) doing his Neegan thing in the desert between the US and Mexico. Don't miss this one.

Rich

2. jimmie57

jimmie57 Hall Of Fame

Jun 26, 2010
    Texas City, TX
    If you liked Criminal you would probably also like Blood Father. I saw it last night. You hurt me, I hurt you worse.

3. Rich

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    I've got that at #1 on my NF BD queue. I like Gibson's movies.

Rich

4. yosoyellobo

yosoyellobo Icon

Nov 1, 2006
    Jacksonville Fl
    Arrival. Worth it just for Amy Adams.

5. Rich

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    I really liked Arrival. Liked Passengers better. Just my opinion.

Rich

6. Herdfan

Herdfan Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2006
    Teays...
    Haven't seen Arrival yet, but also liked Passengers. Except if you watch the trailer for it allows you to think it was an accident and that something bigger is going on as to why they were woken up.

7. Rich

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    For some reason I expected Arrival to be better than Passengers. I didn't think it was. Not a bad movie, just wasn't what I expected. I don't trust trailers. I've seen too many bad movies with really good trailers.

Rich

8. inkahauts

inkahauts Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2006
    The best trailers don't tell you much about he actual movie but make you want to see it. Not to many are like that though.

9. Rich

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    I dunno, I watch the trailers and put the movies that interest me in my NF queue. Then I get the movies and most of them stink. Selecting movies based on their trailers hasn't worked well for me.

Rich