1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

More sports recording frustration

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by brianp6621, Oct 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brianp6621

brianp6621 Legend

Jun 13, 2007
    With the arrival of my HDTV for the living room, the HR20 has been promoted and is set for mainstream use.

Overall I've been very happy with the box but this is an issue. I have read many of the threads so I know there isn't much hope but I don't understand this new issue.

I already know there is no way to setup a SL to record all the SJ Sharks games since they appear on multiple channels. What I wanted to do was at least setup a search for HD Sharks games which I sometimes get on FSN Bay Area HD. This comes in on Channel 96 from DTV.

However no matter what search I do (even just Sharks as a keyword) I can not find the detroit/San Jose game for this thursday.

Any idea why a search doesn't return this showing?

2. brianp6621

brianp6621 Legend

Jun 13, 2007
    Nobody?

3. NinerK

NinerK Legend

Jan 4, 2006
    Not sure how to help; I was going to suggest searching for a keyword but it seems like you have done that already.

I have Johnny Cash as a keyword and I get any programming with his name in the title and description.

Haven't done a sports search.

Have you scrolled through the guide data until you get to Thursday?

4. islesfan

islesfan Hall Of Fame

Oct 18, 2006
    Nevada
    Old issue. The search function on the HR20 is nearly useless. I have set it to search for Islanders games, gotten a couple of hits, then I scan the guide and find many more that it missed. The only way to do this is to manually schedule the games like a VCR. Sorry.

5. Canis Lupus

Canis Lupus You make it, We break it

Oct 16, 2006
    I just did a keyword search using San Jose Sharks>Sports>Hockey, and I have listings for Thurs game against Detroit on 4 different RSNs, and Sat's game against Nashville on 2 RSNs

6. brianp6621

brianp6621 Legend

Jun 13, 2007
    That's great but it doesn't work for me. It doesn't show up on channel 96 which is the ONLY channels I can get HD sharks games on. It shows up on the SD version of the RSN.

Edit... Great, I just tried it and now it works. I have a feeling it has something to do with the way channel 96 works, it is only on the air during HD broadcast of FSBAHD but the guide data is there and does show the game ahead of time, it just didn't show up in searches.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.