1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

More than one local RSN?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by HockeyKat, Jul 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HockeyKat

HockeyKat Legend

Jul 5, 2006
    Bare with me here, my brain is going on a tangent...

I got to wondering about my current RSN situation. I live in the Baltimore/DC metro area and get the Baltimore local channels through DTV (I could get both through cable or OTA, but whatever). The area recently added MASN as a new RSN for DC baseball(not yet a full time station though), but it's always been just CSN for both markets until then. Right now, I can see Washington Nationals games on MASN, as well as the usual programming on CSN (Orioles, Capitals, whatever).

Am I getting both right now on accident? Or because the programming lineup is sort of in limbo for a while? (they're switching the Os and Nats next year and making CSN more of a DC thing and MASN a Baltimore thing.) Or just because I get to have both, even though I don't get both sets of local channels?

It didn't really dawn on me before that we're basically getting RSNs for two markets when we're getting locals for only one. Do they fall under different guidelines or something?

2. DCSholtis

DCSholtis Up The Irons!

Aug 7, 2002
    In your area your right, lucky girl you get 2 RSNs :D. BTW MASN is going 24/7 on July 31.

3. HockeyKat

HockeyKat Legend

Jul 5, 2006
    How does NY do it? Don't they have a few RSNs? Do they get them all up there?

I just hope it's not a case of temporary limbo with the baseball teams switching around and stuff. I'd really hate to lose most of my Caps coverage because they decide that CSN is really a DC local when I get Baltimore channels instead. :eek2:

4. DCSholtis

DCSholtis Up The Irons!

Aug 7, 2002
    NY has FOUR...lol....YES, SNY, MSG, FSN NY. Yikes!! :D Nope you wont be losing anything. Relax and get ready for Hockey, Kat...:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.