1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

more than two discreet IR code sets

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by sacarmic, Dec 2, 2012.

1. sacarmic

sacarmic New Member

Sep 27, 2007
    Hi,
    I could you a little help on a problem. I've had two Directv units in my basement that feed a a/v distribution system through out the house. One is a HR21 and the other is and HR22. Never been any problem with either since those boxes have two sets od discreet IR codes for control. But, I'm going to have some inlaws staying with us for an extended period of time. So I want to add a third DTV receiver to the system. A friend gave me a H20 that works great, except it seems to have the same IR code sets as the other two I have.

So my question is, do all HD DTV receives only have two IR code sets and are they all the same? If not, what level of receiver do I need to get that will have a code set that won't interfere with my HR21 and HR22.

Does that all make sense? Thanks for any help you might offer!

Scott

2. jimmie57

jimmie57 Hall Of Fame

Jun 26, 2010
    Texas City, TX
    Menu, Settings, Remote Control, Advanced Setups,

Follow the onscreen instructions for more than 2 receivers. I think the max is 8 codes ( oooo1 thru 00008 ).

3. sacarmic

sacarmic New Member

Sep 27, 2007
    Awesome, thanks for the tip

4. carl6

carl6 Moderator Staff Member DBSTalk Club

Nov 15, 2005
    Seattle, WA
    You can also go to rf mode, which pretty much gives you an unlimited number of receivers supported (if you have rf capable remotes - fcc sticker on the bottom, R in the model number, e.g., RC65R)

5. jimmie57

jimmie57 Hall Of Fame

Jun 26, 2010
    Texas City, TX
    You are welcome.