1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Most common SD Question

Discussion in 'ViP612/622/722/722K DVR Support Forum' started by Artwood, Apr 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Artwood

Artwood Legend

May 29, 2006
    I just got DISH and have noticed that on my Panasonic Plasma that ESPN-HD and ESPN2-HD looks better when the 622 is set to 720p instead of 1080i.

If it's not ABC, Fox, or ESPN I normally set the 622 to output 1080i.

When viewing SD channels what is better for the receiver to output: 480i, 480p, 720p, or 1080i? Does it make any difference?

I currently have component cables because that's what the installers came with even when I told DISH that I was willing to pay more for an HDMI cable.

Will an HDMI cable make any difference when viewing SD or HD channels even if it is only very slight and subtle? If it improves the picture ANY I am willing to pay for it. Should I buy an HDMI cable?

2. tnsprin

tnsprin Hall Of Fame

Mar 15, 2003
    HDMI will probably make your picture better.

Dish is reportedly still working on Native Resolution throughput, and early reports hinted it might only work with HDMI.

3. wje

wje Godfather DBSTalk Club

Mar 8, 2006
    New England
    This has been discussed many, many times. Net result... try both and pick the one you like best. There are just too many variables to make a blanket statement one way or the other.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.