1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Most TVs on one account

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by ZandarKoad, Jul 26, 2014.

1. ZandarKoad

ZandarKoad Mentor

Oct 25, 2009
    I've been doing a ton of work for this Mexican slum lord who's got a huge house. He has no SSN, but has cable now on 11+ TVs in his house. He was thinking about getting dish (or direct) since I've been hooking up so many of his tenants. I told him he'd probably have to buy all the equipment or get someone else who lives in the home with a SSN to have the account. But I wasn't sure if Dish lets that many IRDs on one account. He doesn't want HD since there's very little Latino HD programming anyway, so I was thinking all 311s or 322s. Obviously I know how to hook up this many IRDs with switches, but would Dish allow it?

2. scooper

scooper Hall Of Fame

Apr 22, 2002
    Youngsville NC
    You do realize that DISH will want each individual apartment to have it's own subscription ?

3. ZandarKoad

ZandarKoad Mentor

Oct 25, 2009
    Sorry if I wasn't clear. He has 11 TVs at his HOME. All his tenants have their own accounts.

4. scooper

scooper Hall Of Fame

Apr 22, 2002
    Youngsville NC
    I believe that Dish only goes to 6 leased tuners per account - I maybe wrong about that. I don't know about if he OWNS the tuners / receivers.

5. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    I believe you are correct on the leased threshold ...

He could also get regular calls from the audit team having that many receivers. If any of them were not connected to the same phone line or failed to check in they would be disabled to prevent account stacking.

6. r028806

r028806 Mentor

Mar 12, 2010
    Have seen DIRECTV accounts with 20+ IRD's, heard of over 60 on one. :rolling:

7. harsh

harsh Beware the Attack Basset

Jun 14, 2003
    Salem, OR
    It seems quite unlikely to see 60 TVs on a residential account regardless of who is providing the programming.

8. inkahauts

inkahauts DIRECTV A-Team

Nov 13, 2006
    I can easily see it in a few of the homes in Beverly hills and Pasadena and San Marino and Arcadia and.... on and on..

9. Jim5506

Jim5506 Hall Of Fame

Jun 7, 2004
    Way back when, somewhere in the back of my mind, I remember there being a 12 or 16 receiver limit per account on Dish.

I don't know if this policy is still in force or if my memory is correct.

10. n0qcu

n0qcu Legend/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Mar 23, 2002
    the limit is and always has been 6 receivers on an account with dish. although there are ways to have more than that limit a standard csr cannot do it.

11. GEAGLE

GEAGLE New Member

Aug 5, 2014
    I have two Hoppers and 7 joeys all leased.

12. Cold Irons

Cold Irons AllStar

Dec 7, 2005
    And.....2 Hoppers/7 Joeys = 6 tuners

13. acostapimps

acostapimps Hall Of Famer

Nov 5, 2011
    Illinois
    Unless it's a business account, I never seen that on a regular residental account. The most I've seen is 16 mostly SD receivers.

14. acostapimps

acostapimps Hall Of Famer

Nov 5, 2011
    Illinois
    Wouldn't 7 Joeys take all of both Hoppers tuners?, and how would the 7th Joey work if all Joeys are in use? I guess it depends how many Joeys are in use at the same time, and if PTAT is enabled.

15. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    The four major networks always share a tuner ... so technically those six tuners could be delivering up to four network stations (regardless of time of day) plus five other live programs - nine feeds (one for each Hopper and Joey). Or a Hopper/Joey could be watching previously recorded content or VOD content.

Multiple Hopper/Joeys can watch the same feed at the same time as well.