1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Moto Atrix: Smartphone, Netbook and Entertainment Device

Discussion in 'Tech Talk - Gadgets, Gizmos and Technology' started by bobukcat, Jan 10, 2011.

1. bobukcat

bobukcat Hall Of Fame

Dec 20, 2005
    I'm not a fan of AT&T's network but this new Moto smartphone with optional Laptop and Desktop-like docking stations as well as Home Media sharing dock with remote (and web-browsing, etc. using the phone screen as a touchpad) is pretty nifty. The phone itself is pretty impressive with a 1 GHz dual-core processor and 1G of DDR RAM, a 4.3 inch hi-res display, dual cameras, etc. A big question will be does AT&T lock it down (no 3rd party apps install, de-googlized, etc.) like they have other Android phones.

The DROID Bionic will match most of the specs and be on VZW but they haven't announced any plans to bring these same docks to that device.

http://www.engadget.com/2011/01/09/motorola-atrix-another-look-video/

One thing is for sure, Motorola Mobility is once again a real player in the market and have brought some truly innovative technology to CES this year!

2. RasputinAXP

RasputinAXP Kwisatz Haderach of Cordcuttery

Jan 23, 2008
    It's really awesome looking.

3. spartanstew

spartanstew Dry as a bone

Nov 16, 2005
    Wylie, Texas
    I think I spent two hours in the motorola booth at ces. The atrix was the coolest thing I saw at the while show.

4. trdrjeff

trdrjeff Icon

Dec 3, 2007
    I can't imagine it only coming to AT&T, but it is the most intriguing tech item I've seen lately.