1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motorola's Android-Powered Xoom gets a thumbs down

Discussion in 'IPTV Hardware' started by Chris Blount, Mar 16, 2011.

1. Chris Blount

Chris Blount Creator of DBSTalk Staff Member Administrator DBSTalk Gold Club

Jun 22, 2001
    Interesting article from The Daily about the Xoom: http://www.thedaily.com/page/2011/03/13/031511-apps-gearreview-xoom-1-3/

The reviewer sounds like a big Apple fan but I can see his points. Hopefully next year the Xoom will see a lower price and better functionality.

2. dodge boy

dodge boy R.I.P. Chris Henry

Mar 31, 2006
    I try not to buy anything from Motorola just a personal boycott. But to each his own..... :)

3. crabtrp

crabtrp Legend

Sep 23, 2006
    I bought a xoom in preference to queuing up for the ipad 2. I have an ipad 1 so I thought I would have a change. two weeks in and it gets very little use. I know how to operate it and have it set up the way I like it. It just feels incomplete. You cannot add external storage yet, the USB seems pretty useless, flash doesn't work on it yet, not many apps, the apps they have are not polished (words with friends is terrible for example). Hopefully things will improve, but my go-to tablet is my original ipad.