1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motorweek

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by gb33, Apr 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gb33

gb33 Legend

Sep 8, 2006
    Okay I waited three weeks and several attempts before posting. I cannot record Motorweek. I have tried 3 weks straight at several different time slots. Every time when I go to play it all it does is freezes the current frame of whatever was on screen. The time bar advances and moves along with cueing but screen never moves. Upon stopping or exiting al is fine and live tv resumes. Surely I am not the only person on here to watch the show. It is on my local PBS afiliate via antenna 20-1 in Indianapolis. I am using an August '06 HR20-700.

2. Redlinetire

Redlinetire Icon

Jul 24, 2007
    There are lots of complaints about bad recordings when trying to capture local channels.

I use a TiVo for OTA stuff for just that reason.

MotorWeek also appears on Speed - 607. Don't know if it's the current season or not. You could try catching it there.

3. Geekzilla

Geekzilla AllStar

Jun 10, 2007
    Motorweek records fine here. Do other shows record properly on 20-1? This sounds like a reception issue. It's not shot in Hi Def, so if you have to get it off an SD feed you won't lose too much.

4. gb33

gb33 Legend

Sep 8, 2006
    reception is very strong on this station. I have not recorded anything else from 20-1 in a while so I will try that as well. I have never had this issue on the other OTA networks. I will look into further.

5. Mike Lang

Mike Lang Administrator Staff Member Administrator DBSTalk Gold Club

Nov 18, 2005
    I record MW every week up here in South Bend without issues.

6. brewman63

brewman63 Cool Member

Nov 12, 2007
    I have never had any problem recording it or any other OTA with either of my HR20's. Also PBS indicates that the program is HD, at least here in Texas. As I recall the episode shown on SPEED on Thursdays is the same episode shown here on PBS the previous Sunday.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.