1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mounting location

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Installation/MDU Discussion' started by janctil, Sep 23, 2008.

1. janctil

janctil Cool Member

Jan 29, 2008
    I am getting ready to install the AU9-S antenna. My existing antenna is strapped to the chimney (the chimney is concrete block in the center of the house). I would like to strap the new satellite to the chimney but it appears that the only mount straps are available from Ronard Industries (http://www.solidsignal.tv/prod_display.asp?PROD=RON4424). It looks big and bulky and would like suggestions from the community as to whether this is my only option for a chimney mount or ? :confused:

I plan on doing the install myself since there is a particular way I want everything to run.
    :)

2. BattleZone

BattleZone Hall Of Fame

Nov 13, 2007
    The BEST way to mount the dish would be using lag shields and lag bolts and bolting directly to the chimney. If you cannot or will not drill holes, then the mount you found is your best option.

3. Mertzen

Mertzen Hall Of Fame

Dec 8, 2006
    D* has stopped recommending chimney mounts a long time ago. Especially the straps for a Ka/ku. I'd say either 'redhead' expansion hammers or the lag shields.