1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

mouse touchpad suddenly stopped scrolling

Discussion in 'Tech Talk - Gadgets, Gizmos and Technology' started by dave29, Mar 29, 2009.

1. dave29

dave29 New Member

Feb 18, 2007
    My touchpad on my dell XPS m1530 laptop has suddenly stopped scrolling. I have checked in the hardware settings and made sure that the "scroll lock" is not locked. Those are both set correctly. The pointer works fine, it moves everywhere I need it to, I just can't scroll down pages anymore. Any ideas? Hopefully it is just something simple that I have overlooked.

2. deltafowler

deltafowler Duplicate User (Account Closed)

Aug 28, 2007
    Which OS?
    Have you checked the settings in the Control Panel?
    Have you tried System Restore to a date when it last worked?

3. dave29

dave29 New Member

Feb 18, 2007
    Vista Ultimate 32 bit
    Yes
    No

4. tcusta00

tcusta00 Active Member

Dec 31, 2007
    Happens to mine in Firefox from time to time - a restart of Firefox and/or the computer fixes it. Sounds like your problem is a bit deeper than that though.

Is there a driver update available for it?

5. dave29

dave29 New Member

Feb 18, 2007
    Mr. Fowler, I just did a system restore and it worked. Thank you. Tom, It also had the latest driver. Not real sure why it just stopped working. Only software change was a microsoft update. Strange, but its working. Thanks.

6. davring

davring Hall Of Fame

Jan 13, 2007
    System restore has been a lifesaver for me over the years. It never fails to repair things I have screwed up:)

7. dave29

dave29 New Member

Feb 18, 2007

Ha ha you're right:lol:

8. deltafowler

deltafowler Duplicate User (Account Closed)

Aug 28, 2007
    Glad it worked out.
    System Restore can be a lifesaver, until you get bitten by a bug. Then it starts blueprinting the virus along with everything else.