1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Move and a swap?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Installation/MDU Discussion' started by jmurray, Sep 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jmurray

jmurray Mentor

May 16, 2002
    I'm getting ready to move and use the D* Movers connection deal (within Houston). I just got the HD-Tivo as a lease for free because of the Sunday Ticket. Has anyone tried to get the HR-20 swapped with a move yet? Is it going to be worth it for a free swap to the new box after the 6.3 software update to the current tivo or should I ride it out until the bitter end of MPEG-2?

2. praneeth

praneeth Cool Member

Sep 13, 2006
    Moved from NYC to Miami. Did the move and swap (I have installation scheduled for Wednesday - 20th). In addition to the new HR20, I am actually keeping the HR10-250 as well as a second receiver. Net cost was 19.95 + tax.. and I also got a bunch of discounts and a free OTA antenna for the HR10 thrown in there ($20 off Premier for 6 months, 4 months free HD, $50 off Cricket Champions Trophy, free install).
    I was actually thinking of switching to Comcast since my building offers Comcast for free, this probably helped my case with D*. Also, I've never carried a balance on my DTv account, with recurring payment plan.
    I did have to take up a new 2 year contract.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.