1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Move VIP 922 Settings to Hopper????

Discussion in 'Hopper System Support Forum' started by moman19, Jun 3, 2012.

1. moman19

moman19 Icon

Oct 22, 2004
    Is there a way to Copy/Restore a VIP 922 configuration (Timers, Favorites, Blocked Channels, etc.) and restore it to a New Hopper? Each DVR's respective remote control (models 32 & 40) supports Copy/Restore between DVR and remote for backup, but I see no way to transfer configurations from one DVR to the other.

2. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    W.Mdtrn Sea
  3. moman19

moman19 Icon

Oct 22, 2004
    Sorry, but I cannot locate where I posted the original question. When I click on your link, all I see is the question with no response. Can you please re-post it here or direct me to the answer?

4. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    W.Mdtrn Sea
    When you open the link - click on that tread's name in top right corner.

5. moman19

moman19 Icon

Oct 22, 2004
    I see that now but your answer (Try in IR mode; h2k and J remotes [40.0] working (by default) with Zigbee protocol) is beyond me. Can you provide steps or documentation as to how to do this? I'm sure others will also want to know this as Hoppers take off.

6. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    W.Mdtrn Sea
    I would try use 922's remote - transfer its setting to its native remote [32.0];
    then switch/activate h2k's IR mode and try to transfer the settings to new DVR.

7. MrC

MrC Legend

Jun 6, 2005
    I tried transferring settings from the 922's 32.0 remote to the XiP. It failed with an error message (I don't recall the exact message).