1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Movie Mania on Blockbuster Channel 102

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by patman2, Feb 23, 2013.

1. patman2

patman2 Cool Member

Oct 25, 2007
    Every movie I've tried to watch as part of the Dish Feb-Mar Movie Mania on Blockbuster channel 102 has had extremely low volume. Even at max TV volume, I can barely make out what's being said. Only closed captioning helps the movies make any sense. Let me guess - the movies are free but you have to subscribe to get volume!:lol:

2. some guy

some guy Godfather

Oct 26, 2012
    What receiver?

3. patman2

patman2 Cool Member

Oct 25, 2007
    The receiver is a 512. The problem has been there for at least a few weeks. I first noticed it with the special preview of Enlightened which was aired on 102 a few weeks ago but I thought it was just a problem with that broadcast. Then it showed up on Age of Innocence (last week), Bugsy, and The Last Picture Show (this weekend). The volume on all other Dish channels that I watch is fine.

4. some guy

some guy Godfather

Oct 26, 2012
    Yep, thats a known issue they are working on. I think it was mainly on the 625 receiver but the 522 is the receiver family and the 625 is in that family and the 512 is just a single output 522 so I'm sure your issue is the same thing they are investigating and working on.

5. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    W.Mdtrn Sea
    to make the DVR family/member easy to understand , take a look here http://www.dishuser.org/software.php

6. patman2

patman2 Cool Member

Oct 25, 2007
    Thanks! Is there some knowledge base somewhere that has all known problems? I searched in Google before posting here and didn't get any meaningful results.

7. patman2

patman2 Cool Member

Oct 25, 2007
    Thanks for the link. Too bad the software versions are not up-to-date on that site. The DVR512 is now on L582 (since Oct 2012)

8. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    W.Mdtrn Sea
    PM BobaBird here ...