1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Moving and recorded shows

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by Brad00111, Nov 11, 2012.

1. Brad00111

Brad00111 New Member

Dec 30, 2007
    When moving your local channels will obviously change. Will I need to re-do all of my recorded shows or is the dvr smart enough to find them on the new channels?

Thanks!

2. Billzebub

Billzebub Godfather DBSTalk Club

Jan 1, 2007
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Do you mean shows you've already recorded or series links you have set up for future recordings.

Shows already recorded shpuld be OK, but I think you'll have to reset your series recordings on the networks for the future. The other channels shouldn't change.

3. litzdog911

litzdog911 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Jun 23, 2004
    Mill Creek, WA
    You'll need to re-create those Series Recordings on the new local channels. They won't automatically carry over.