1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moving from Western Arc to Eastern Arc

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by willymac, May 31, 2010.

1. willymac

willymac Cool Member

Feb 15, 2010
    Currently I'm on the western arc (110,119,129) and my HD locals are supposed to be released on June 3rd on 77sat. I'm just wondering if there is any problems with EA. I have read some older threads about issues over there with sats and wonder if that is all fixed. Also, are all of the new HD channels over there too? I'd like to switch over to get my locals as sometimes my OTA is spotty due to my antenna setup. I understand that I have to swap out the 1000.2 for a 1000.4 dish and I have the protection plan so it should only cost me $15. I have a VIP722k so I'm good to go there. I've been searching threads for a while and just want to get a clear answer before I make the move when they make the locals available. Thanks for all the help in advance.

2. Matt9876

Matt9876 Hall Of Fame

Oct 11, 2007
    Eastern arc (61.5-72-77) is working great with the following exceptions.

61.5 lost two transponders about two weeks ago.
    72.7 is working at 100% and is supporting the lost feeds from 61.5
    77 is working at 100%

Some elements of the Dishnetwork interactive page like the Tetris game are on the 110 slot and will require a wing dish if you really need them.

MPEG4 HD feeds on the eastern arc are wonderful.

3. TBoneit

TBoneit Hall Of Fame

Jul 27, 2006
    The other option as I understand since you don't need the whole EA is that they could install a dish for the satellite at 77.

However a cleaner install would be the EA. I switched over from 110, 119, 61.5 this month (May 2010) to the EA. I see no problems so far. OTOH if you are worried about the EA satellites there are New Satellites at two of the WA locations. Cost me a whopping $15.

4. scooper

scooper Hall Of Fame

Apr 22, 2002
    Youngsville NC
    And there should be a replacement on the way before the end of the year for E3. (Launch date June 15 or so).

5. willymac

willymac Cool Member

Feb 15, 2010
    Thanks for the quick replies. That was the information I was looking for, so I will make the switch over when my locals go live. I don't want a wing dish and I don't use any of the interactive programs, so I should be good to go with a full EA.