1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

moving /install

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Installation/MDU Discussion' started by cbraze2, Mar 19, 2014.

1. cbraze2

cbraze2 New Member

Mar 19, 2014
    rawlins,wyoming
    i would like to now why it takes so long to my system moved to new address we are having to wait over a week for direct tv to come install at news address i placed order on 3/14 and have to wait 10 days before they come and install . if i was with dishnetwork i could of gotten it on sunday 3/16. we have been with direct tv for over 7 years and then they tell me we have to wait for 10 days before they install us so what is up with that

2. litzdog911

litzdog911 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Jun 23, 2004
    Mill Creek, WA
    It just depends on how busy the installers in your area are. While 10 days is bit long, it's not unheard of. Be sure to check your DirecTV account and call them regularly to see if you can get an earlier appointment.

3. harsh

harsh Beware the Attack Basset

Jun 14, 2003
    Salem, OR
    Probably one of the hazards of living out in East Jesus. Finding installers willing to drive 50-100 miles between installations probably ins't a walk in the park. I'm guessing that DISH has taken a slightly different approach and is leaning more on third party installers.

4. TBoneit

TBoneit Hall Of Fame

Jul 27, 2006
    I am only guessing here, however my guess is that DirecTV is relying on contractors and having problems finding ones willing to work for what they pay per job. The DishNetwork service people are probably employees that get paid by the hour. When You get paid by the hour it does make a difference. I worked a salary job, Once, never again. I worked piece work once, never again. Hourly is good.

Others may disagree.

TBoneit