1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moving...looking for advice

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by msujohn, Feb 28, 2013.

1. msujohn

msujohn Mentor

Dec 19, 2007
    I am in the process of moving and have 6 months on my existing contract (NFL ticket deal last fall). I have been with DirecTv for about 5 years. Here is my question. I currently have the following set up:

- Whole house DVR with internet connection kit
    - 2 HR 24 DVR's and 1 H24 HD box

Would it be worth me trying to upgrade to the Genie with the movers deal? What would be the best set up for me? Would I need the clients (to replace my existing boxes) as well or should I just swap out one of my boxes for the Genie? I like the idea of having the ability to record more shows at the same time. Kids are always recording multiple shows that interfere with each other.

Do you think I can get this upgrade even though I still have 6 months on a contract?

2. Lugnut

Lugnut AllStar

Feb 11, 2013
    Eagle, Idaho
    It depends on your account history, location, credit, etc, but you won't know until you call and ask. As far as equipment configuration, I would recommend you swap the H24 with the Genie upgrade and keep the HR-24s for the other 2 rooms for a total of 9 tuners. Hope this helps :)