1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

MPEG2 -> MPEG4 Transition Discussion: WNYW (FOX NY) HD

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by Stuart Sweet, Jul 29, 2008.

1. Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet The Shadow Knows!

Jun 18, 2006
    This is the discussion thread for Fox NY's MPEG-4 transition. Please log all issues, indulge in gleeful exhortations, and give your suggestions!

2. Stuart Sweet

Jun 18, 2006
    Please commence discussing!

3. Marvin

Marvin Godfather

Sep 13, 2003
    None of the DNS East feeds show up with HD in the title in the guide (a la FOXEHD, its just FOXE) whereas right below them the West feeds have HD in the title (a la FOXWHD). I thought they didnt go through until I added them and saw the HD programming.

4. hancox

hancox Godfather

Jun 23, 2004
    It's WNYW-DT, BTW, Stuart :)

5. Stuart Sweet

Jun 18, 2006
    Oh yeah, thanks I meant to fix that. I just couldn't remember the call letters when I built the thread.

6. DCSholtis

DCSholtis Up The Irons!

Aug 7, 2002
    WNYW HD looks good to me so far today.

7. Chip Moody

Chip Moody Legend

Jul 31, 2007
    My apologies if this is mentioned elsewhere and I just haven't come across it yet, but what's the difference between this and the feed I have been getting just by dialing in channel 5 on my H20? (No - no OTA here - just the dish) I'm guessing this isn't just a mirror of the same MPEG4 feed?

Thanks,
    - Chip

8. alexjb12

alexjb12 Legend

Nov 28, 2007

Because you’re in the NYC DMA you can dial channel 5. If you’re outside of the NYC DMA and received waivers from DIRECTV to access FOX East Coast (WNYW) you would have to dial channel number 398 since channels 1-70 are local channels.

9. Chip Moody

Chip Moody Legend

Jul 31, 2007
    Thanks alex. Since I have (grandfathered) west coast feeds for the big four networks, does this mean I might see the HD versions appear? :) (No - I'm not getting my hopes up)

- Chip