1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MPEG4 RSN/Locals PQ

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by sandsmith, Sep 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sandsmith

sandsmith AllStar

Mar 13, 2005
    I live in the New York City area and have HD with both cable and Directv. PQ overall is slightly better on Cable. However, the MPEG-4/ RSN delivery on Directv is not good at this time Choppy picture with quick motion ie: Pitcher in wind-up / players running. notice same issuues on the MPEG-4 locals when their is quick action. Is anybody around the country seeing this type of thing? seems as if they haven't gotten out the kinks in this area perhaps a spotbeam issue.? Would greatly appreciate feedback!!!! Directv CSR/Tech personell do not seem to understand this too well

2. mikeny

mikeny Hall Of Fame

Aug 20, 2006
  3. sandsmith

sandsmith AllStar

Mar 13, 2005
    Thanks mikeny I see you are from Long Island---I live in Smithtown. Thank Goodness I also have Cablevision with the RSN's working fine In addition I do not think MSG/FSN-NY HD produced games will be made available to Directv in the short term.

4. mikeny

mikeny Hall Of Fame

Aug 20, 2006
    No problem. Yes, I'm from Lynbrook. They just approved the FIOS application. I heard the PQ is great. Too bad I'm locked into 2 years now with the growing pains of mpeg-4. I'm not going to sub to 2 providers. It's bad enough I'm still with Optimum Online.

The baseball games look particularly disappointing, don't they? At least most of the YES HD games have been on Channel 95 in mpeg-2. I was under the impression that MSG and FSN NY would be added some time next month in mpeg-4.

I hope DirecTV fixes this mpeg-4 motion bug soon!

PS On a positive note, even though Tropical Storm Ernesto knocked out my power for 28 hours; with a downed tree on nearby block, the KA/KU dish didn't get affected at all! I guess it's installed pretty securely.

Good night.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.