1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

MRV Activated

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Connected Home' started by jeffshoaf, May 22, 2012.

1. jeffshoaf

jeffshoaf Icon

Jun 17, 2006
    I have an HR-20 that's been connected to the internet via my wired home network for years. Haven't bothered to request mrv activation since I only have the one receiver, but I was watching TV this morning and hit the list button. Instead of my recordings, I got a message saying that mrv has been authorized on my receiver. I'm not complaining, but it seemed odd to me that I'd get authorized when I hadn't requested, especially when i'm running a non-dtv network.

Had this happened to anyone else?

2. The Merg

The Merg 1*

Jun 24, 2007
    Northern VA
    That is a little strange, since MRV shouldn't even be able to be activated on your account unless you have at least 2 HD receivers (one is a DVR). If you really only have the one receiver, I would check your account on-line and make sure that you are not somehow being charged for MRV.

With regard to you being on a non-DirecTV network, you can have MRV activated in an unsupported mode if you have an etherent network and are not set up for DECA.

- Merg

3. jeffshoaf

jeffshoaf Icon

Jun 17, 2006
    I do have an old hr-10 on my account, but he's dead and disconnected. I'll check my account.

4. The Merg

The Merg 1*

Jun 24, 2007
    Northern VA
    Also, double-check on the receiver under Setup/Whole Home and see what it states about the Whole Home service.

- Merg

5. jeffshoaf

jeffshoaf Icon

Jun 17, 2006
    I checked my account on-line and it says i'm not eligible for whole home and i'm not being charged for it. Checked my setup and saw that I got a software update early this morning, so I assume the message I saw was due to the update.

6. wahooq

wahooq DBSTalk Club DBSTalk Club

Oct 19, 2011
    Tulsa, OK
    yeah the update is causing that no worries

7. LCollett

LCollett Cool Member

Oct 24, 2007
    I noticed the same thing on my HR20-700 after it got the software update. I then checked my HR24, and it was not authorized. I have never signed up for MRV. Both DVR's are etherent connected.

8. John4924

John4924 Icon

Mar 19, 2007
    I received the same notice on my 3 HR20-700s. Am I going to be charged for this? If there is a charge for this, I did not authorize. Does anyone know what is going on?

9. Balestrom

Balestrom Legend

Jan 12, 2007
    We also got a notice for both of our DVRs. Asked us to assign a name for our receivers. Out of curiosity, we did. Nothing happened. Went to Whole Home in the menu and it says we are not authorized, which wasn't a surprise since we never ordered.

I assumed it was a function of the software update, but I am wondering if anybody knows why this is occurring?

10. Go Beavs

Go Beavs Hall Of Fame

Nov 18, 2008
    Portland,...
    It's just a bug in the new SW. Like wahooq said, you shouldn't be worried about it.